HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
This position is responsible for all aspects of the day-to-¬day operations and program administration of the Human Resource Department. Specifically, this position oversees and directs all recruitment, compensation, benefits administration, Federal and State employment regulation enforcement and compliance, policy implementation and performance management and employee relations for WRI.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide recruiting and hiring support by developing recruitment plans and implementing activities such as internal communication, placement of ads; reviewing resumes, conducting screening interviews and administer reference and background checks.
- Establish salary guidelines for hiring and performance evaluations for each job within the organization.
- Administration of all corporate and employee benefits and services to include health care programs, retirement (401a/403b), life insurance, disability insurance, leave management and benefits.
- Periodic evaluation of programs to ensure the most effective and high quality programs; administration of all benefits programs.
- Development and distribution of employee benefits packages, handbooks and materials.
- Directly manage all benefit suppliers.
- Responsible for implementing, enforcing and administering Federal and State employment regulations as well as corporate policies and procedures.
- Provide proactive guidance and counsel to managers and employees on employee relations issues.
- Assist management or administer disciplinary action to employees in order to support corporate policies and procedures.
- Manage WRI performance management and feedback processes. Develop manager capability on employing these processes and obtaining best in class results.
- Ensure accurate and written job descriptions with clear job accountabilities, reporting structures and career paths.
- Ensure accurate employee files.
- Serves as the Affirmative Action compliance officer.
- Coordinate renewal of corporate insurance policies.
- Provide Human Resource support to WRI for-profit spinoffs
- Performs other duties as assigned and deemed necessary under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer.
SKILLS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or other related field from an accredited university is required.
- Professional Human Resources Certification (PHR) is preferred.
- Five (5)+years experience of strategic Human Resource leadership experience.
- Strong working knowledge of federal and state employment regulations.
- Demonstrated success in all Human Resources functional areas within a fast-paced, technically focused environment is essential. Must be hands-on and capable of producing work with limited support staff.
- Must be results-oriented and demonstrate strategic thinking, innovation, flexibility in dealing with changing and ambiguous situations.
- Demonstrated success working in a highly collaborative environment, with a track record of accomplishment with measurable business impact.
- Excellent leadership skills including; superb communication, delivery of results, consultative skills, partnership skills and team building.
The Human Resource Manager maintains an open line of communication with all WRI staff. This person interfaces regularly with other departments. This individual serves as a liaison between the management team and WRI employees. In addition, the Manager interacts with management and supervisors on a routine basis to ensure company policies are being followed.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS
Normal work hours are Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm. The majority of work hours will be spent in a professional office environment.
Submit resume and application to HR manager by April 5, 2019, Western Research Institute, 3474 N. 3rd Street, Laramie, WY 82072 or by email to email@example.com.
Download the application
Invitation to Self-Identify
Western Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer